Tower cranes going up for Embassy Suites in north lot
Photo by Benjamin Minnick
JUNE 3, 2015 - Crews last week assembled the first of two tower cranes that will build a 23-story Embassy Suites hotel for American Life in the parking lot north of CenturyLink Field.
When it opens in the third quarter of 2017, the 297-room hotel will sit atop a four-story podium containing 372 parking stalls and 15,000 square feet of pedestrian-level retail space. The hotel will connect by a lofty atrium to a conference center, and a health club with a pool. Hilton will manage the hotel.
Sodo Builders and Freiheit & Ho Architects are leading the project team.
Northwest Construction is in charge of earthwork and utilities, and DeWitt Construction is driving more than 600 piles that are either steel or grout.
Morrow is supplying the tower cranes and Ness is providing mobile cranes.
An 18-story office tower to be developed by American Life will share the podium, but it won't start until some of the space is pre-leased, maybe a year from now.
Link to original article: Tower cranes going up for Embassy Suites in north lot
- American Life, Inc. to provide audited financial statements
Nov 03, 2016
- An inside look at Oculus VR in Seattle's stadium district
Sep 03, 2016
- Pre-fabricated bathrooms save time on Embassy Suites Hotel in Pioneer Square
Aug 03, 2016
- Owl Transfer Building Sold
Jul 01, 2016
- Software company Avalara signs on as anchor tenant at 255 S King Street project
Jun 10, 2016
- Long Beach Council Approves Land Sale, Tax Deal For Downtown Hotel
May 17, 2016
- The EB-5 Regional Center Program is Extended through December 11, 2015 in its Current Form
Sep 30, 2015
- Marriott Courtyard and Residence Inn L.A. LIVE to Receive Q Award
Jun 11, 2015
- Tower cranes going up for Embassy Suites in north lot
Jun 03, 2015
- US Immigration Approves Embassy Suites by Hilton
May 24, 2015
- Heading for Home Plate
Mar 04, 2015
- The Marriott Hotel Construction Project That Finished Early
Jan 27, 2015